Yesterday my daughter turned 9 and today one of our son's turned 7. It's been a busy week for sure, especially because birthdays usually mean TREATS! My daughter's class was having an ice cream party yesterday at school so I thought Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes would be an AWESOME treat. We have made these so many times and I always enjoy it. Plus, it's really no harder than making regular cupcakes....you are just baking them in ice cream cones instead of papers. So I thought I would share ours with you! They turned out SUPER cute, especially because I decided to use colored cones instead of the regular ones!
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
18 Ice Cream Cones
1 Box of Cake Mix (White or Chocolate)
* Prepare boxed cake mix as directed...to make them super fun, use white cake mix and color the batter with gel food coloring! We used neon gel and it made our cupcakes so bright and fun to match the cones!
* Place Ice Cream Cones on a baking sheet
* Fill ice cream cones about 3/4 way full with cake mix
* Bake as directed. Ours took 10-12 minutes.
* Allow to cool.
* Use your icing and sprinkles to decorate......we used both vanilla and chocolate. Pink would have been cute too for strawberry ice cream cones!
Easy easy easy. We arranged these on a tray with our Cupcake Poppers that we made the night before and I thought they turned out super cute!
What do you think?!