This is a really busy time of year for car dealers around the country. Many people are car shopping right now and if this includes you, check out our checklist below BEFORE you buy! A vehicle is a major purchase and you want to make absolute sure that you are buying one that you are going to love for a long time! Before you go shopping, read these tips below and depending on what kind of vehicle you are in the market for, you might also want to check out some Toyota Yaris special offers!
1. Set your budget at home before you go in search for the perfect car.
2. Have an idea of what make and model you are looking for before you hit the lot. Research them on the internet and narrow them down. Also, make a list of features that your new vehicle needs to have.
3. Decide if you are going to buy used or new.
4. Call your insurance company and get quotes on a couple of the models you are looking at to make sure the ownership costs are within your budget.
5. Buy from a reputable dealer
6. Check the cars history before you sign any papers
7. Shop around for a lender to make sure you are getting the best interest rates.
8. Weigh out special offers to make sure you are getting the best deal. Cash back and free gas looks good now but lower interest rates will save you more in the long run.
9. Don't be afraid to negotiate the price with the salesperson. Their main goal is to get the sale and chances are, they will be willing to come down on the price. Start negotiating at wholesale price.
10. If you are going to be trading in an old car, be sure to check the value online before you go to make sure they are giving you a fair price for your trade-in!
11. Take a thorough test drive. A ten minute drive down the street is not enough. Take it through the city where you will have many stops as well as the highway. Also, make sure you park in a couple of different places so you can see how easy it is to maneuver in and out of spaces. If you will be using a car seat in the vehicle, bring it along and see how easy or difficult it is to use with the vehicles restraint systems. These are all extremely important things you must consider!