Every year around Valentine's Day, I make a dozen batches of my famous Valentine's Day Popcorn. This year it was a huge hit in all 3 of my school aged children's classrooms, so much that my 5th grader asked me if I could do an encore for Easter. I thought around for a couple of weeks and decided that there are so many awesome spring candies and stuff out right now that we should definitely try to whip something up so off we went to the store. We brought home tender white popcorn, spring colored M&M's and Peeps and created the PERFECT Spring popcorn! Instructions are below!
1. First, pop 2 bags of popcorn. Make sure you get plain popcorn, not buttered flavored. I use Orville Redenbacher's Tender White but you can use whatever you can find. After it is popped, put all of the popcorn in a large bowl and make sure you have gotten out all of the kernels. We don't want anybody to break a tooth eating this treat!
2. Next, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, throw in a few Peeps at a time and stir continuously. You want to melt about 12 Peeps. Poor guys. They didn't even see it coming.
3. Pour the melted Peeps over the top of your popcorn. Stir until all of the popcorn is coated.
4. Add 2 cups of M&M's to the mixture and mix with a large spoon.
5. Dump popcorn mixture over wax paper and allow to cool completely.
6. Break into pieces and put into serving containers, treat bags, etc. I had several packs of colorful cupcake liners that made super cute serving dishes. These will be a huge hit in the kids classrooms again!