Returning to work after having a baby comes with so many mixed emotions but even more importantly, major decisions on your baby's nutrition. I am a huge advocate of breastfeeding but I also know that many women choose not to breastfeed for various reasons. After I went back to work after having my 3rd child, I so desperately wanted to continue nursing. I tried to pump during my 8 hour shift at work but as my milk supply diminished, I realized that I was going to have to supplement while I was away from my baby and that's when I started searching for infant formula. After doing a lot of research, I found that the store brand formula carried the same nutrition as the national brand and I could save a lot of money, as much as $600 a year! Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of Store Brand Infant Formula and one of only four companies recognized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for meeting strict FDA requirements for safety, nutrition and quality for infant formula manufacturing in the United States.
75% of American moms will go back to work after having a baby and of these, 42% attribute stress to feeding their baby. We would love to share Five Return to Work Tips from Michelle LaRowe, author of "Working Moms 411."
1. If you don't have quality childcare, you won't be able to focus on anything else. Whether you choose a nanny, enroll your child in daycare or have a family member provide care, if you're not confident your child is safe and being well cared for, you won't be able to get any work done.
2. A momtourage is a necessity. Now is the time to find out the people, places and things that can make your life easier. Whether its outsourcing the pet walking or ordering your groceries online, figure out who and what you can count on to give you more time in your day to spend with your family.
3. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else. Set your alarm to get up 15 minutes before everyone else to have your cup of coffee in peace. If you can't hit the gym, take a brisk walk during your lunch break. If you aren't meeting your own needs, you won't be able to meet the needs of others.
4. You'll need to adjust your expectations. Sure, you can do it all and have it all if you're willing to refine what that means. You're too tired to prepare a home cooked meal every night. Consider starting an office meal swap. Make double of a meal one night per week, have a coworker do the same things and switch and get two meals for the trouble of one.
5. Guilt is mommyversal. Don't let anyone fool you. Whether you are a working mom, stay at home mom or work from home mom, guilt is mommyversal. Just because you feel guilty doesn't mean you are guilty. If you've made the right choice for your family do yourself and your baby a favor. Let go of the guilt.
One lucky winner is going to receive a gift package identical to the one in the picture above!
*Gift packs for review and giveaway were provided to us at no charge by Perrigo Nutritionals. All opinions are my own*